In kokan usually they eat rice and fish. Kokan is a very beautiful place.
Ingredient for Fish curry.
1. 1kg :------- white promfret.2. 1 :------- Coconut.
3. 7-9 :------- Dry red chili's(soaked in warm water)
4. 1bowl:------- Coriander.
5. 1tsp :------- Turmeric.
6. 2tsp :------- Coriander powder.
7. 12-15:------- Curry leaves.
8. 4tps :------- Oil.(coconut oil if u like)
9. 1tsp :------- Mustard seeds.
10.1bowl:------- Thick coconut milk.
11. 5 cups water.
11. Salt to taste.
How to make:---1) Wash you fish with tap water, and marinate it with salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric,and keep aside.
2) In a mixer add grated coconut, 1/2 tsp turmeric,coriander powder,soaked red chill's,and blend it with 4tsp of water.
3) In a kadai(pan), add oil make it hot then add sesame seeds, it will start to poop,then add curry leaves,2tsp fresh coriander,and add coconut mixture,and 1/2 cup water.
4) stir it continually,for 5mins then add the remaining water and salt.
5) let the curry boil for 10-15mins on medium flame,then add fish and low the flame and cover it.
6) After 10mins,check if the fish is cooked,add coconut milk,and cover it another for 10mins.
7) Take out from flame add chopped coriander and serve with hot rice.
Tip:-------- 1)Alwage use fresh fish, first Look at the gills. They should be a rich red. If the fish is old, they will turn the color of faded brick.2)Look for bright, clear eyes. The eyes are the window to a truly fresh fish, for they fade quickly into gray dullness. Dull-eyed fish may be safe to eat, but they are past their prime.