Almond cookies and almond biscuits are prepared in different ways across various cultures and in various cuisines. It is a type of light colored cookie often topped with sliced almond in the United States. In China a form of almond cookie is the almond biscuit. In China, almond cookies are sometimes preparedwith almond flour
Ingredient :---------------1. 1/2 cup ghee, softened but not melted(unsalted butter)
2. 10 tbsp powdered sugar
3. 3/4 cup almonds finelly chopped
4. 1/2 cup besan (fine chickpea flour)
5. 2 tbsp sooji (semolina)
6. 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
7. 1/8 tsp salt.
How to do :---------1. In a bowl, sift the almond meal,besan and semolina.Combine cardamom powder & salt with the sifted flour mix.Set aside.
3. Mix flour in parts to the ghee mix & combine gently to form a soft dough.The dough will be slightly sticky & loose.
4. Wrap the dough in a cling film and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
5. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Take out the refrigerated dough and knead it 3-4 times. Pinch equal portions of the dough. Roll each portion between your palms into a smooth ball with no cracks. Line the balls on the parchment paper
8. Bake on the middle rack for 18-22 minutes keeping a close eye, these cookies should remain white.Once you see the bottoms turning light brown, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet itself. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
9. Store in an air tight container at room temperature for upto 3 weeks.